As we commemorate 75 years of ongoing Nakba, our Palestinian people are continuing to resist and struggle for return and liberation for all of Palestine, from the river to the sea. Right now, Palestinians in Gaza are confronting Israeli bombardment, war crimes and the killing of children with ongoing resistance, even as the U.S. government continues to provide the warplanes, missiles and bombs raining devastation on besieged Gaza.
Throughout occupied Palestine and everywhere in diaspora, the Palestinian people have kept their eyes on return and liberation. Our name, Al-Awda, means the Return: the inviolable and inalienable individual and collective right of the Palestinian people to return to their homes and lands, undoing and uprooting the ongoing Nakba, on the road to the liberation of Palestine.
We urge all to join us in the following events and in all events for Palestine taking place to commemorate the Nakba.
In Los Angeles, please also make a donation to support Nakba75 Organizing. Purchase a T-Shirt with the slogan: “Generation After Generation Until Total Liberation” and either pick it up in LA or have it shipped to your U.S. address (US shipping only!)
- May 13, Los Angeles: Nakba 75 Rally
- May 13, Bay Area: Nakba 75 Protest for Palestine
- May 14, NYC: 75 Years of Nakba Demonstration
- May 21, Florida: Journey To Hope: Live Storytelling of Ghassan Kanafani’s “Men in the Sun” and other works
- Dearborn, MI – Nakba75 Rally for Palestine. Saturday, May 13th, 2 pm, starting at AANM Parking, 13624 Michigan Ave, Dearborn. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr4ngz7OR45/
- Los Angeles – Nakba75 Los Angeles Rally. Saturday, May 13th, 12 pm, Pershing Square. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Crv5nalpegy/
- Milwaukee – Nakba Commemoration 2023. Saturday, May 13th, 12 pm, Orange Sunburst Sculpture, Milwaukee. Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1934580090238134/?active_tab=about
- New York City/Brooklyn – Nakba75 Palestine Takeover! Saturday May 13th, 2 PM at 72nd & 5th Ave in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr4Jt9XOmwS/
- Philadelphia – Nakba Day 75 Rally and March. Saturday, May 13th, 12:30 – 4 pm, Rittenhouse Square @ 12:30 pm, March at 1 pm, Philadelphia. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Crzp99ctbM6/
- Raleigh, NC – Rally for Palestine : Nakba 75, Saturday, May 13, 2 pm, Moore Square, Raleigh. Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/606061921552764/
- San Francisco Bay Area – Nakba75 Protest for Palestine. Saturday, May 13, 2PM at 518 Valencia, San Francisco. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr1bDJkyCJ9/
- Seattle – Nakba75 – Resist Until Return! Saturday May 13, 12pm, Cal Anderson Park, North Lawn. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrfD6xKr3Zw/
- Tampa, FL – Nakba75 Commemoration. Saturday, May 13, 5 pm, Corner of 56th and Fowler, Tampa. Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/929533838288276/
- Austin, TX – Nakba 75 Rally, Sunday, May 14, 12 pm, Texas Capitol, Austin. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr9yHPptMqo/
- New York City – Nakba75 Rally. Sunday, May 14, 12 pm, Times Square, Broadway and 43rd. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_VDl8LNeV/
- Paterson, NJ – Palestine Way Street Fair. Sunday, May 14, 1 pm, Palestine Way, Paterson. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr9uqS5OfBR/
- Washington, DC – Nakba75 Washington DC Rally. Sunday, May 14, 1 pm, Washington Monument. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_jwoaOcx-/
- Boston – Nakba75 – Liberate the Land. Monday, 15 May, 5 pm, Cambridge City Hall, Cambridge, MA. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq4DM9spXkg/
- Davis, CA (UC Davis) – Nakba75 Rally. Monday, 15 May, 12 pm, West Quad, University of California – Davis. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsCGCJbPlyh/
- New York City – Rally to Commemorate UN Recognition of the Nakba, Monday, 15 May, 10 am, Dag Hammarskjold Plaza. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_kZeIgd0F/
- Pittsburgh, PA – Nakba75 Commemoration Picket. Monday, 15 May, 4:30 pm, William S. Moorhead Federal Building, Pittsburgh. Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/147389111504110/
- Santa Barbara, CA (UCSB) – Nakba75 Rally. Monday, 15 May, 11 am Storke Tower, UCSB Campus. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsDImPdLSUi/
- White Plains, NY – Nakba75 Commemoration. Monday, 15 May, 4 pm, White Plains Fountain, Main Street and Mamaroneck Ave. Info: https://wespac.org/event/westchester-commemorates-75-years-of-nakba/
- Minneapolis – Nakba75 March, Saturday, May 20, 2 pm, Bryant Square Park, 3101 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrRhsKqJ0fF/
- Portland – Nakba 75 Demonstration and Palestine Festival. Sunday, May 21st at 1:30 PM at SW Park Ave & SW Madison St., Portland, OR. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr9OQkTSIkY/
Commemorations, Art Exhibits, & Community Gatherings:
- Orange County, CA: May 18, 6 PM. “Nakba 75 Commemoration with Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandela” (Santa Ana High School).
- San Francisco, CA: May 19, 6 PM. “Nakba 75 Commemoration with Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandela” (San Francisco State University Knuth Hall – Creative Arts Building).
- Atlanta, GA: May 13, 1 PM. “Nakba 75 Panel: Reclamation and Resistance” (Alif Institute).
- Chicago, IL: May 20, 7 PM. “Nakba 75 Commemoration with Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandela” (Chicago Teachers Union).
- Detroit, MI Online: May 11, 7 PM. “Nakba 75: Impact & Resilience Across Generations” (Virtual Discussion).
- Minneapolis, MN: May 16, 7 PM. “Nakba 75 Commemoration with Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandela” (Cowles Auditorium, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota).
- Northfield, MN: May 13, 1 PM. “Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Palestine’s 1948 Catastrophe” (Bridge Square) and “Art: A Window to Palestine” exhibit during the month of May (Northfield Arts Guild, Up Gallery).
- Kansas City, MO: May 20, 6 PM. Commemoration of the 75th Anniversary of the Nakba. Islamic Society of Kansas City gymnasium.
- Paterson, NJ: May 14, 1 PM. Palestine Way Street Festival.
- Cleveland, OH: May 17, 7 PM. “Nakba 75 Commemoration with Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandela” (Cleveland State University, Ronald Berkman Hall).
- Houston, TX: May 14, 5 PM. “The Nakba: A Historical Commemoration” (Arab American Cultural & Community Center).
- Washington DC: May 11-May 19. “Commemoration of 75 Years of the Nakba at Museum of the Palestinian People” series of events.
- Washington DC: May 13, 11 AM. “Nakba 75 Convening.” George Washington University.
- Milwaukee, WI: May 13, 6:30 PM. “Nakba 75 Commemoration with Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandela” (Turner Hall).
- Online: May 21, 2 PM CT. “Nakba 75: Remembering the Voices” for the Voices from the Holy Land online film salon.
- Online: May 12, 1 PM ET. “Palestinian Collective Memory: 75 Years of Nakba and Resistance” from the Palestine-Global Mental Health Network.